They also keep crops and livestock. Some other Sengwer people are currently distributed in Trans Nzoia, Marakwet and West Pokot districts in the North Rift Valley province. (Source: https://www.ipacc.org.za/images/reports/human-rights/Sengwer_Indigenous_Peoples_.pdf)
Church leaders from this community in the year 2016 approached BTL requesting for their language to be written and for the Bible to be translated. It is therefore a new project starting in the year 2018 aimed at developing the language and establishing foundational work for translation of Scriptures in the Sengwer language.
TOGETHER WE CAN SUPPORT THE SENGWER TRANSLATION
- Ksh 50,000 per month will support the salary cost of one translator
- Ksh 55,000 will support a one-week consultant checking session
- Ksh 70,000 will support the printing of a portion /book of the translated New Testament Scriptures
- Ksh 90,000 will support community reviewers’ workshops
- Ksh 60,000 will support the printing of the alphabet chart/literacy